Psychology Pre-Award services are here to support all of our researchers including graduate students, faculty, and research staff. Our goal is to assist you in all stages of developing your research portfolio and to ensure proposals are submitted on-time and error-free. Psychology averages about 90 proposal submissions each year with an annual approximate value of $80 million. All proposals — large or small in scope or dollar value — receive the same level of support and care.
Pre-Award services include:
- Identifying funding opportunities, including federal, foundation, state, industry, and other sponsors
- Sharing relevant sponsor policy with researchers
- All aspects of proposal development and submission, from reviewing sponsor requirements, eligibility information, and developing proposal checklists
- Budget development, for both sponsored projects and internal grants
- Assistance and training in the development of sponsor-specific Sr. Personnel documents, such as NIH biosketches, using ScieENcv to develop NSF biosketches and Current and Pending
- Post-submission tasks as requested by the sponsor, including developing NIH Other Support documents and Just-in-Time submissions and any other sponsor-specific items
We ask that our Psychology Department researchers reach out to our Pre-Award support at the inception of your idea, to share your concept, if you have found a possible funding source, and generally to ask for guidance. Once you’ve decided to submit, fill out a Proposal Intake Form to get the formal process started. We look forward to serving all of your Pre-Award needs!
Contact: Barbara Schay, RAA Sr., Psychology PreAward, Barbara.Schay@asu.edu